About the Company
Population growth, especially in the years after the victory of the Islamic Revolution in Iran, has led to an increase in the consumption of agricultural products. This subject has increased the need for chemical fertilizers. In recent years, the petrochemical industries have grown significantly due to the presence of rich gas sources and experienced and specialized workforces. Therefore, the National Petrochemical Company has decided to expand further the petrochemical industry in Iran. Kermanshah Ammonia and Urea Production Complex has been established to supply a part of the chemical fertilizers required by Kermanshah province and neighboring provinces in the west of Iran. The establishment of this project has a significant role in job creation in the region, expanding the technical ability of the territory, and improving the knowledge of regional experts, besides supplying the required fertilizers. Kermanshah Petrochemical Company has been established on a 295-hectare land in Kermanshah province in the west of Iran. The industrial sector of the complex has dedicated itself 62 hectares, and more than 116 hectares have been considered for the construction of the green area. The company’s ammonia unit, with a capacity of 1200 tons per day, has been constructed based on the technical knowledge and technology of M.W. Kellogg, England. Urea and granulation units, with a production capacity of 2000 tons per day, have been built using the technical information and technology of STAMICARBON, Netherlands.
Important properties and achievements:
- Development of the petrochemical industry in the west of the country
- Reducing the unemployment rate at the regional level so that during the installation of the Kermanshah Ammonia and Urea Complex, more than 3,100 people were directly involved in the project, and during the operation, more than 1300 people were immediately employed (About 99% of this personnel are native forces of Kermanshah province)
- Supplying the requisite fertilizers of the country so that after the foundation of this company, the country did not need to import urea fertilizer for the first time, and outflowing of the considerable amount of the foreign currency was prevented seriously.
- After the construction of this company, the country started to export fertilizers for the first time and entered the global markets for the fertilizer exports.
- Business prosperity and indirect job creation in the region by providing opportunities for companies’ activity in various fields and providing different services to support the requirements of this industry in the province
- Promoting the knowledge level of petrochemicals production in the west of the country and the use of highly advanced technologies in the operation of the company’s units
- A sign of the public and government participation in the construction of large petrochemical projects